Sunday 13 May 2012

Beautiful wings

I have used lots of butterflies on cards lately and these cards seem to be among the most popular with the people I show them to.  So I really feel justified in purchasing the Beautiful Wings butterfly die!

So here is the first of what will probably be many butterfly cards!!



I stamped the background with the Fresh Vintage stamp (sale-a-bration set) which I coloured in with stampin' write markers - quite time consuming but I love the effect!  I also finally worked out how to ruffle the seam binding ribbon!  My favourite bit though, which I copied from a picture I saw online, was using linen thread for the butterfly's body!


Stamps: Elementary Elegance (SAB), Fresh Vintage (SAB)
Card stock: Crumb cake, regal rose, very vanilla
Inks/markers: Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
Equipment: Beautiful Wings die, Perfect Polka Dots and Vintage Wallpaper embossing folders, Curly Label punch
Others: Linen thread, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment