Tuesday 2 October 2018

A new craft group

I have recently started leading a new craft group for over 50s at my local community centre in Shipley.

Before the first session I had no idea what to expect, who would come, how many, and what their interests and abilities would be. Coming up with a craft project was easy though - I thought I'd start with what I know - stamping!

Without a proper budget for materials I needed to raid my stash of card stock and design a couple of cards that would be simple enough for the beginner, but impressive enough to please an avid crafter.

The Painted Harvest Stamp Set caught my eye as I browsed my shelves of stamps - the gorgeous Autumnal images are perfect for this time of year.

We did 2 cards and a bookmark and had a go at stamping, punching, embossing and die-cutting.

I had 8 lovely ladies attend the session, some crafters, some not, but and all enjoyed it and all promised to be back in a fortnight!




Now to come up with the next project!

Kylie x


No comments:

Post a Comment