Tuesday 14 May 2013

Butterflies, Flowers, Birds and Bees

Good evening! I really should be making my way to bed right now after such a hectic weekend and several late nights, but I think I might be able to sleep better after posting this about my last class which actually took place over a week ago!

So finally here are the pictures of the cards we made at my Spring Card Class....


The butterfly card features the Swallowtail stamp, and the background on the flower card is Flowering Flourish

The bees were from the Spring Sampler stamp set and also features the honeycomb embossing folders.  The bird cards use For the Birds and coloured in with blender pens.


I showed the ladies how to make these rolled paper flowers - a quilling tool makes it really easy!


We did some heat embossing using pool party embossing powder which looks fab on the Summer Starfruit card.  Then we painted over the butterfly with the champagne shimmer paint for a lovely shimmery effect


Everyone loved doing a bit of colouring in!  So therapeutic!!
 

Lastly the bees were stamped with black stazon ink - this ink dries permanent so we could colour the yellow stripes and add dazzling diamonds to the wings without the colour running!

I wish I had taken a picture of my home-baking too - I made rocky road and lemon drizzle cake for  this class!

For details of my next class, click here!!

Kylie x

No comments:

Post a Comment