Sunday 15 April 2012

A male birthday card

I always find male cards much more of a challenge to create than for the ladies.  I recently had to make a card for a male friend, and I just didn't think cars, bikes, planes, ships or footballs weren't going to do it. 

But he is a keen geographer and I remembered I had some old Stampin' Up! papers which would be perfect!!





The gorgeous old map paper is from the Newsprint Designer Series Papers which is unfortunately retired (but the First Edition series in the current catalogue is just as nice!).  The sentiment combines stamps from the Teeny Tiny Wishes and the For My Family sets and I also used the border from Four Frames stamp set and the matching decorative label punch.  The colours are basic black and very vanilla.  The card was finished off with some striped grosgrain ribbon and brads in the corners - see how the corners have been cut out with the circle itty bitty punch - a technique I learnt in one of Julie Kettlewell's Stamp-a-Stack classes!



No comments:

Post a Comment