Tuesday 23 July 2013

Special Age Cards 30, 40 and 80

Hi again.  I have had loads of special birthday cards to make over the last few weeks - some were for my my friends and family and some were 'commissions' from work colleagues!

Here are a few of the ones I have made. I had fun making the rosettes which feature on most of them - these are really simple to make using the score board.



The 30th Birthday card uses some recently retired papers as well as silver glimmer paper.  The sentiment is Perfectly Penned and I heat embossed this with black embossing powder to get a raised finish.

The 40th card followed the same style but this time I used the Quatrefancy papers in the new catalogue.  the colours are so bright and cheerful!


The 80th birthday cards were for a work colleague to give to his dad - he wanted one for him and one for his son.  I used up some more retired papers for these, including Mocha Morning, and the stamps are Memorable Moments - which I embossed on black card with white embossing powder to get a chalkboard effect!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    Loving the cards! What dimensions of paper did you use for the rosettes for the 30th & 40th birthday cards? And how far apart were your score lines?
    I always struggle with making rosettes, but would love to CASE these cards. They are gorgeous birthday cards but would also be lovely for Christmas, and relatively quick and easy to make with a big wow factor!
    Loving your ideas.
    See you at Convention in November?
    {{hugs}} Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete