Wednesday 20 June 2012

Get Well Card # 1

My grandma-in-law hasn't been very well recently  and we wanted to send her some get well wishes.  I made this card using the pretty Everything Eleanor stamp set. 


In an attempt to make a bit more effort with this one I decided to try out a technique I've never tried before - masking! It didn't work out perfectly but was a decent first attempt. You can see the green flourish looks like it's behind the blue plaque - this involved stamping the plaque onto scap paper and cutting it out and using the cut-out to cover the actual stamped image while stamping over the top with the flourish. Sorry that's a really rubbish explanation - I needed pictures really!


I also used the spritzer tool to add a speckle of Marina Mist ink over the card and embellished it with  pearls.

Products used
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Sincere Salutations
Inks: Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey
Card stock: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey
Embellishments: Stick on pearls, Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine
Equipment: Scallop Edge Border Punch





No comments:

Post a Comment